At nood the safety and well-being of our customers and employees is very important to us. We want to update you on what we are doing as a business in response to Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- We are following advice from the World Health Organisation and the Ministry of Health and have implemented additional measures in our stores, offices and distribution facilities
- We have asked our teams not to shake hands with any customers or suppliers and maintain the recommended distance of 2 metres from each other
- We have increased cleaning and hygiene standards in all locations
- We have asked any staff members that feel unwell to stay home and we also request customers do the same
- We have cancelled all domestic and international travel
Our team is working closely with suppliers, both locally and internationally to take extra precautions and to manage disruptions so we can continue to provide a service to our customers. If we do experience any product delays our team will be in contact with impacted customers.
We are also advising that Main Freight are initiating changes to their Home Delivery protocol to minimise risk of COVID-19 spread within the community.
The following details the implementation of a contactless delivery service, with measures that will eliminate interpersonal contact and reduce the chance of exposure.
These temporary measures will come in with effect from midnight Wednesday 18th March 2020:
- During the pre-delivery call Mainfreight will now be asking receivers questions around their health status and if any household members are in self-isolation. Deliveries to these properties will be managed on a case by case basis.
- With all home deliveries when arriving at a residence, Mainfreight will knock, step back ensuring 3 metre exclusion zone is in place. This will need to be adhered to at all times between the receiver and the Mainfreight team.
- Mainfreight will deliver to an agreed location outside of the residence or they will deliver inside the door only. Mainfreight will not proceed any further than to have the goods safely inside and allow the door to operate.
Any returns that need to be collected from a customers home will be arranged on a case by case basis.
These measures are to help ensure safety for the drivers, and also for our customers. You may want to enlist the help of a friend or family member, if you need to move your delivery into your home.
The situation is being monitored daily and these measures are subject to change as required.We will be meeting regularly to review the situation and ensure we are taking appropriate and timely action.
We're grateful for your cooperation and will keep you informed if the situation changes. We recognise that these are unsettling times, and we want you to know that the safety of our customers and staff are our priority.
If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0800 46 6663 or email email@example.com and we thank customers for their understanding, and patience at this time.