care and cleaning advice solid wood furniture
we hope you love your new purchase for many years to come. in order to care and maintain your new furniture, please note the following advice:
• wood is a natural material. veins and knots are part of the nature of the wood and no two pieces of wooden furniture can be totally alike.
• keep out of direct sunlight, away from sources of heat and avoid fluctuating humidity in the room where the furniture is kept.
• the colour and structure of wood can change throughout its life due to such factors as exposure to sunlight and changes in humidity. to avoid discolouration it is recommended that, when not in use, you do not leave objects (such as vases, candle holders etc.) on table surfaces for the first couple of months as the wood adjusts to its new environment.
• always protect the wood from hot objects such as mugs, pots etc. by using trivets and coasters.
• wood needs to breath - do not cover any solid wood with plastic covers or oil cloth for more than 12 hrs.
• abrasive sponges or detergents should never be used.
• depending on the finish of the wood, different methods of maintenance will apply. please check with your sales adviser on the best method for your particular purchase.
• sit back, relax and enjoy your new purchase!
take care of your flooring this item is heavy and rests on narrow footings which could cause damage to fragile flooring. consider protecting your precious flooring from scratches, dents or other serious damage by
• using rugs
• lifting furniture rather than pushing or dragging
• using felt protection pads