Sticky Feijoa & Walnut Pudding
06 May, 2021
We teamed up with @bakergatherer once again to bring you some more tasty dessert inspiration.
This dessert combines flavourful & in-season feijoas topped with a delicious caramel sauce and served on our beautiful Flo deep plate.
500g Sliced Feijoa Pulp, 80g Butter - Room Temperature, 150g Brown Sugar, 3 Eggs, 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda, 270g Self Raising Flour, 80g Chopped Walnuts
270g Brown Sugar , 120g Butter , 300ml Cream, ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract, 80g Chopped Walnuts
To make the Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 180°c bake, then butter and flour the sides of a deep rectangle baking dish and set aside.
- After removing the pulp from feijoa skins, simmer in a pot over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until pulp has softened and juices have released. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a hand-held beater, beat together the brown sugar and butter until fluffy and combined. Then while still beating, add one egg at a time until smooth, scraping down the sides occasionally.
- Add the flour and baking soda to the butter mixture and continue to beat through. Finally add in the chopped walnuts and all of the cooled feijoa mixture. Continue to beat through until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and back for about 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Once out of the oven, pour half of the caramel sauce over top while it is still hot. Reserve the remaining caramel sauce.
- To serve, slice and accompany alongside a scoop of ice cream, drizzle with some more caramel sauce and sprinkle with a few more chopped walnuts.
To make the Caramel Sauce
- Add all of the caramel ingredients (except the walnuts) into a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and continue to stir for about 5 minutes.
- Pour half of the caramel sauce over top of hot pudding and reserve the remaining half for serving alongside pudding and a sprinkle of more walnuts.